The 6th North Shropshire Big Weekend 2018
17th-19th August 2018
A joyous celebration of Cajun – Creole and Louisiana roots music, dance and culture - set in the heart of the beautiful North Shropshire Lakelands!
Welcome to our exciting new festival website..
We are proud to present a rich variety of music and dancing at this year’s Big Weekend. Featuring our international Louisiana Cajun and Zydeco headliners, Tex Mex from Paris, the best of R&B and swing from the South coast, a lashing of Rock n Roll from our local Shropshire Hepcats, as well as featuring the very best of our own homegrown UK Cajun & Zydeco bands, plus much more to be announced! - a truly hot and spicy Gumbo of dancing delight!
And if that’s not enough, we can also offer you
- Cajun & Zydeco dance workshops
- Instrument workshops (led by international Louisiana musicians)
- Festival campsite and late-night camp fire area including the festival tent which will be hosting jam sessions, workshops and informal gatherings.
- Jam sessions at the Sun Inn featuring our popular ‘Beer & Breakfast’ sessions led by prominent UK Cajun & Zydeco musicians to keep the party rolling
- Cajun and Creole cuisine all weekend featuring our legendary giant barbeque
Please have a look around our website for more information, if you have any further questions you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to the hottest weekend of Louisiana roots music, dance and cuisine on the UK Summer calendar!
Not sure what Cajun & Zydeco music is?....Click here