16th-18th August 2019
A joyous celebration of Cajun – Creole and Louisiana roots music, dance and culture – set in the heart of the beautiful North Shropshire Lakelands!
We are proud to present a rich variety of music, dancing and cuisine at this year’s Big Weekend festival. Featuring our international Artists from Louisiana and Europe, as well as the very best of our own homegrown UK Cajun & Zydeco bands, much more to be announced over the coming weeks! – a truly hot and spicy Gumbo of dancing delight!
And if that’s not enough, we can also offer you:
- Cajun & Zydeco dance workshops
- Instrument workshops (led by international Louisiana musicians)
- Festival campsite and late-night camp fire area including the festival tent which will be hosting jam sessions, workshops and informal gatherings.
- Jam sessions at the Sun Inn featuring our popular ‘Beer & Breakfast’ sessions led by prominent UK Cajun & Zydeco musicians to keep the party rolling
- Cajun and Creole cuisine all weekend presented by the mouth wateringly tasty Cajun Food Company, featuring our legendary giant barbeque!
We look forward to welcoming you to the hottest weekend of Louisiana roots music, dance and cuisine on the UK Summer calendar!
So here it is! Our Louisiana Cajun Artist who will be playing at the Big Weekend 2019 is non other than the most sought after Cajun fiddler and vocalist in South West LA, the great nephew of the legendary Balfa Brothers, not to mention a rising country music star! The fabulous Courtney Granger!! How excited are we!
As well as fronting an all-star Cajun dance band at the Big Weekend, backed by the very best musicians on the UK Cajun scene, Courtney will also be treating us to an afternoon of classic country for our Sunday afternoon Honky-Tonk!