We are proud to present a rich variety of music, dancing and cuisine at this year’s Big Weekend festival. Featuring our international Artists from Louisiana and Europe, as well as the very best of our own homegrown UK Cajun & Zydeco bands, much more to be announced over the coming weeks! – a truly hot and spicy Gumbo of dancing delight!
Just one week to go folks til we kick off the Big Weekend 2019 in fine style! Did I mention we have two of the hottest musicians from South West Louisiana playing for us this year.. The legendary Zydeco ‘Accordion Dragon’ himself Mr Corey Ledet! and Cajun Fiddle maestro & rising Country star Courtney Granger! Here in sleepy li’l ole Welshampton Shropshire county! Plus much more.. You’d be crazy to miss this
Well that’s it folks! The Big Weekend 2019 is over.. and what a Big Weekend it was! The biggest and arguably the best yet.. Thank you so much to all who helped make it happen, and to all of you who came along and made it such a special event, so full of love and joy, music and dancing, eating and drinking and friendship! Now the tents are all gone, the stages back in storage, fires are all doused and the lights have gone out.. the sleepy little village of Welshampton is sleeping once more….. until…. maybe…. who knows…. Watch…
And if that’s not enough, we can also offer you:
- Cajun & Zydeco dance workshops
- Instrument workshops (led by international Louisiana musicians)
- Festival campsite and late-night camp fire area including the festival tent which will be hosting jam sessions, workshops and informal gatherings.
- Jam sessions at the Sun Inn featuring our popular
‘Beer & Breakfast’ sessions led by prominent UK Cajun & Zydeco musicians to keep the party rolling
- Cajun and Creole cuisine all weekend presented by the mouth wateringly tasty Cajun Food Company, featuring our legendary giant barbeque!
We look forward to welcoming you to the hottest weekend of Louisiana roots music, dance and cuisine on the UK Summer calendar!
Welshampton Parish Hall
Station Road A495